All around this week was
pretty solid. As always time is flying. I love my new comp - he's a really
really quiet guy but he is a really good missionary. He wants to work hard to
the end and it's great because he has a crazy amount of experience. We are becoming
more in tune with how we both teach and I think it's helping our investigators
a lot.
A funny thing that
happened this week is that the government put a toll in so you have to pay when
you come and go from Pro - our area. People burned tires and shut the
entire road down for a day. We had a zone meeting the next day and when we
passed through the toll there were police snipers, riot police with shields,
armored cars and straight up 6 wheeled military vehicles everywhere! It was
something out of a movie. I also killed my first scorpion. It was really scary.
The stuff I do for members these days.
This week we brought
Nestor along with us when we taught Segundo and he is seriously the most
amazing person. I'm not going to go into too much depth with his story but his
wife of 8 years left with another man one day with no warning or anything. He
has 3 girls and his youngest was barely 1 at the time. He is the most positive
person I've ever met. I learn so much every time we are together. He teaches
with such passion and power. We went to our other investigator and the
investigator straight up said "I want nothing to do with your church or
your new Bible. Please don't come back." Nestor went off. He talked for
about 10 minutes and bore one of the most powerful testimonies of the church
I've ever heard. Long story short we have an appointment with the investigator,
Alejandro, next week. Nestor was sad when he had to leave us - we were together
for 4 hours. The joy it brings me to watch someone I taught share his testimony
of the gospel and help others come to Christ is indescribable. I LOVE THE
MISSION!!!
We had 3 investigators
come to church this week including Segundo!!! I love him so much. He has talked
a lot about how he wants to build his house in 2017 but I didn't believe him.
Well, so far he has, with his father-in-law, framed the whole house with brick,
filled it in, and is finishing the roof by himself. He is an animal!! He is
also almost halfway through Second Nephi.
I finished Acts and I'm
almost through Romans. So far on my mission I've read the Book of Mormon,
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, a lot of the Pearl of Great Price, a lot of
D&C and Jesus the Christ. My only problem is I WANT TO READ MORE!!!! I
seriously cant get enough. I wish morning study was for 3 hours not 1. I have
such a powerful testimony of the scriptures. We are so blessed to have them. I
know the Book of Mormon is true. I know the Bible is too. I am so excited to
meet my heroes - Alma, Pablo (Paul), Peter and of course my Savior. I am so
grateful for Him. I am so grateful for this gospel. Yeah it's hard but we can't
have sunshine all the time. The amount of joy in my soul when teaching is
indescribable. The mission is so hard, but it really is a privilege.
I love you all so much
and God lives and loves each one of you. Thank you for praying for me and my
investigators. Please pray for Segundo to receive his answer about the Book of
Mormon. THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!!
Love,
Elder Nielsen
No comments:
Post a Comment